Old 06-29-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
BatholithBabe

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Hello to you both from England. It's hot but raining so it's like a jungle out there.

I don't think either of you give yourselves enough credit for what you are achieving while giving up alcohol. From the outside, I read all the things you do, and am pretty impressed. Don't be hard on yourselves, not when you're doing something about this mega-problem. This is the hardest thing I've ever done.

If only I could take my own advice Yesterday was stuff-myself-with-food day, then avoid all mirrors. Today is shopping. And I do need the t-shirt for the gym, but the other 10 items??? I'll have to return it all tomorrow... Doh. Honestly, I swear when you refuse to face emotions, they come out sideways where we don't have any defences.

Lots of genuine tears of sadness today which I hope are healing rather than angry tears of frustration and self-pity which I had at the beginning.

Laughter too though. It's quite hard to write about serious things when the dog has a squeaky plastic brussels sprout toy he's throwing in the air and catching. It was his Christmas present. One of many, individually wrapped, if I'm truthful.

p.s. Where are you Caramel and BatholithBabe? Thinking of you. Hope all is going well?

Love and peace to all.
I'm here Weev! Thanks for asking about me. I'm doing fine. Was at the cottage last weekend and relaxed and pined for wine for just a little bit. I had another epiphany, too. Wine is my demon. And I realized it will always be there whether I want it to be or not. This reminds me of the guy who told me he quit smoking by carrying his unopened pack of smokes in his shirt pocket everywhere with him. He knew he could have one anytime he needed, he just simply decided he didn't want to. When I finally quit smoking, it was only successful because I stopped fighting it. I accepted the cigarette but I also walked away because the desire was gone.

This weekend here in Canada is a big one, our country's 150th birthday bash. There are activities going on all over the place. As an introvert, I'm not drooling at the mouth to get out there and unfortunately for those who are, the weather forecast is wet, so.....perfect weekend for me coming up...... staying home and watching it rain outside.

I can have more fun and excitement and do awesome creative stuff when I am sober. My abuse of alcohol has robbed me of many precious moments I could've been creating instead of zoning out. I still hate reality and always will. So I make my own reality and it's pretty cool!

Stay true to your heart and spirit. Wish the world well, and then do your own thing with love and intentions of joy and peace.

Peace out.