View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Sasha, that is a freakin' RIOT. It reminds me of the first time I had major gum surgery--I had nitrous oxide and had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the procedure. The doc let me go but recommended I avoid looking in the mirror. So, of course, being high as a kite I had to look, and my mouth looked like a bloody mess of exposed tissue/bone. But I found it FASCINATING.

So, good news peeps--the PET scan was clear, except for the one suspicious nodule (which is now a bit more suspicious, due to its lighting up). No indication visible on the scan of any spread anywhere else. My doctor said that was VERY encouraging.

The will remove the section first, and if no cancer, that's it. If it IS cancer, they will remove lymph nodes and the entire lobe. I asked again why they have to remove the entire lobe, and the doc patiently explained that as long as I can tolerate the procedure (and given my good lung function, I can), removing the lobe is the BEST guarantee of no future spread. The reason apparently is that removing the lobe cuts off any avenues by which stray cancer cells can escape into the body. He said the lobe removal is still the "gold standard" where it can be done.

So we are definitely on for 7/10, and I feel a great sense of relief. Just wanna get this over and done with and get on with my life.