View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Thanks for all the motivational messages and pearls of wisdom sprinkled in post after post after post. You guys are amazing.

Felt sad when I woke up. My dad must have visited me in my dream because for the first few seconds after waking, I thought he was still alive. I miss him so much. He was so funny and clever and kind. In lots of ways he was the best person I've ever known. I hate alcohol for taking him away. I wish I'd recovered and found SR sooner so I could have introduced it to him. At least he's free from alcohol now.

Sorry to be so downbeat. It's 6.45am in the UK and I'm going to miss my dad for a few more minutes and then dry my eyes before the kids get up and look forward to another happy and sober day. It's good that my grief and alcohol are no longer friends. It means I welcome my grief when it visits, I stay with it for a while and then I get on with my day. Alcohol used to make it linger because I used my grief as a reason to drink. Sorry this is going on a bit. Just helps so much to write it down.

Congratulations everyone celebrating milestones. Wishing everyone a great day xxx
Sending more love your way, dear one.