View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Teetotaler56

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
I am really down today. I need to stop counting days because I don't have enough. Two months is nothing. It feels like so much longer. There is so much to do--I just feel lost and worried that I won't be able to put my life back together as fast as I need to. I need to find a new job and new friendships--I am alone. It's just one of those days where it feels like too much but I will not drink. I may not see any hope but it's there.
Two months seems like a long way for me, so believe me, you've come further than you think. I am with you on needing to find a job, too. My husband is at a point where he's really not able to work and we've been living off our meager savings. I was the SAHW. Since he's been out of work, our savings have really dwindled and I'm going to have to find something soon because it's all we've been living off of. But had to go to the doctor this morning to get a skin condition taken care of before I'm going to be able to work again. And that may take a few weeks to clear up and could return at any time. I'm really discouraged about that, but I know there are others who have far worse problems (just having a mini pity party about it). I'm kinda terrified to waiteven a few short more weeks to look for work, but really not able to right at the moment. And when I'm able, it scares me finding work at my age (mid-fifties). I feel like everything is on my shoulders now and I'm really pissed that we didn't take better care of ourselves financially over the years. Believe me, you are not alone in this world. Even though you and I don't really know each other, we sure do have a lot in common. Didn't mean to make such a complaining post, just wanted you to know someone is there with you.

Yes, hope is still there. If it weren't for Jesus Christ (who is my hope) I would be pulling my hair out. ;-)