Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
needshelp111

Originally Posted by captainkitty View Post
Regardless of if you are able to drink a lot whether for fun, bored whatever reason. I'd take that health situation with your liver pretty damn serious and just quit drinking for no other reason than that.
It's why I quit. I've also known 2 people die from liver disease and it's not pretty.
Yeah, I have known for awhile that I was a heavier drinker. Over the last 5 years I've cycled up and down with it. It's cost me some great opportunities but also it's become such a habit to drink at home on the weekends. Then am worried and nervous about since have done/said things that I regret. This leads me to stay home and drink.
The biggest problem with living and working in a foreign country is people leaving all the time. It's easy to have 15 friends and then a month later only have 2 since people come and go so quickly. Esp, since I'm almost 40 and most teachers here in Korea, are 25-30ish.

Another issue in Korea is how everyone is so unhappy and stressed. It's a huge pressure cooker and booze is a cheap fix. Being a drunk in Korea is pretty normal and I've let myself slip into that lifestyle. The worst part is that I've read/seen so many long timers in Korea fall into it. They get stuck in Korea due to money issues, we make more than enough or they get married.

I hope with some help from this forum I will look back at these first few days and it will all be a bad memory. Thanks for reading. Needs