View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Croutie

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.....so they say.

I don't think either of us would have chosen for all of this to unfold as it has, but perhaps one day we will see that it all happened for reasons that are not yet clear.

What I see is that we are far more caring and gentle with each other than we were before we divebombed. And yes, we both have a long way to go to be who we want to be, but that's one of the magical parts of the recovery journey for me. We are willing to be aware of our 'defects' (you know I hate that word) in ways that I'm not sure a lot of people are in life. We are willing to not be offended even when things hurt and we are willing to keep trying to make things better.

I think life is more rewarding that way.....egos can get so big and bruised and that doesn't go well with damaged self-esteem. This way, we stay humble and we stay in faith. We remain grateful for every blessing and every chance.

Love and faith propelled us to take this chance, to make this giant leap of faith. And love and forgiveness and understanding will keep us going from this point.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Beautifully said; very insightful...
Best of luck you two.