View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wpainterw

You know,Beedebea, it's times like these and posts like yours which make me so grateful that I have all these folks on SR in times of crisis. As you see I've been pretty jumpy, edgy, upset about the medical situation here. I didn't have all this trouble down in D.C. where we lived for many years. (Except for one incident in the recovery room after open heart surgery when the nurses kept me up most of the night gossiping about their boyfriends, and other personal stuff. When I got too difficult they put me on a morphine drip to shut me up and it did. The next thing I recall was my surgeon making the rounds. He looked at my chart, gruffly said, "I see you didn't much like our recovery room!" and moved on to the next patient. I was real glad to get moved upstairs with better trained nurses except that I had mood swings from the operation (the greatest risks are in the recovery period). They sent in a psychiatrist who asksd me who the President of the U.S. was. I felt like saying "Tippicanoe and Tyler Too" but I feared they would put me in the looney bin.
Good luck on the weekend. Just remember that the AV has plans for you and you'd best focus on heading him off. Say you're going to take a walk, Fresh air. I always headed for the kitchen and escaped by the back door, Try sparkling water or quinine water, tomato juice with worcester sauce and/or tabac. If they try to get you to drink as they well might, just say "Can't! Interferes with the meds you know. Something I picked up on an African jungle tour, Highly contagious. Ebola I suppose! Got to attend a leprosy support meeting! Good luck!

Bill

Last edited by wpainterw; 06-22-2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Confused and Upset Grateful for all your help