View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Hi Least and Nova84:
So glad you're doing O.K. But the gist of what I was trying to get at in my thread was that I've been under a lot of stress getting medical help in the summer here and I've learned to deal with that by relying on several maxims which I thought would help other folks stressed by other stuff. For example, summer days and nights are fun for everyone but there's a lot of drinking. People take coolers of beer, wine etc. to the beach. That's fine but there are often car crashes (two bad ones here in the last 48 hours). A lot of "recreational" drugs, like heroin, fentanyl. A couple of years ago my wife and I were nearly killed by a person going 60 miles an hour on a dark, foggy night and crossing the yellow line to pass us on a curve on a country road.
Summer is fun time, whether you're near a beach or elsewhere. Kids drink and drug a lot as soon as school's out or the "last weekend" before school starts.
I like the various maxims and what I find in the Tao. I'm not venting or complaining. I'm just trying to help folks deal with stuff.

W.