View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Summer Stress; Guard Against the AV!

Easy Does It, Going With the Flow, Stress from the Beachlovers

I live year round in a resort area.. I’m not a beachgoer myself (It would be O.K. without water and all that sand!). But plenty of others are. So doctors’ offices close early and unexpectedly, it’s often hard to get appointments (One cancer surgeon scheduled me for mid August!) And it seems difficult to get the docs to work together (My P.C. asked me to give a memo to my urologist. I offered it to him and he handed it back, said he didn’t need to read it). One doctor is treating me for high blood pressure and the other for low. I suggested that they confer with one another before I change the meds.
Having been sober for 29 years I never think of the booze. But I am stressed and wonder how folks more vulnerable to their AV get along. (When I got back from one doctor I mistakenly took too much Miralax which caused me embarrassing and unpleasant stress!)
So I’m ruminating on the usefulness of not trying to change stuff I can’t change, easy does it, not sweating the small stuff, going with the flow and all the wisdom of the Tao Te Ching (One step at a time and everything gets done; By seeking to do all things nothing is accomplished!).
Is your AV seeking more opportunities in these summer months? I see that car crashes and DUI's have increased greatly in certain states such as Colorado, since they legalized "recreational" marijuana. The death rate from heroin overdoses has also increased in certain areas such as New England.

W.