View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Thanks MorningGlory,
That may create a fine line between what is appropriate and what is not. Would you be willing to take a few of my posts as examples of what might be ok and what might no longer be ok?
Thanks,
GerandTwine
I didn't change any rules. They are still the same. 12 step topics are against the forum rules. Talking about 12 step groups without naming them by name is the same. It's fine if you want to discuss it in PMs and deprogram that way.
This also keeps the forum a safe place for the secular members so the 12 step members can't come in and debate and hijack the threads.

You can answer questions without bashing and talk about things that don't work when using AVRT. It's hard for me to come up with examples because I don't use either. These might be wrong examples, but you can say when using AVRT you don't count days because the Big Plan is forever, or you don't meet in groups because....., or there is no such thing as relapse, or you don't have to take inventory because...., or you don't need to rely on a higher power. This is breaking it down into details without bashing the group that teaches the methods. Focus on the details and not the group and do it without trying to prove the other method wrong.