Old 06-22-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Saou, thank you for the opener and what a reflection to ponder.

I didn't really spend that much on booze. I drank probably every other weekend. I would say it amounted to a few beers at the bar and a six pack at home. All told the actual alcohol probably cost me about $10 to $15 every other weekend. BUT..............when I think of the cost due to the outcome of that drinking, I can't even begin to a value on the price I have paid, far too much. So glad that's over.

argillaceous, I will be with you in spirit this weekend. As each day passes I think about Waffles and the decision we made. Unfortunately, we waited too long. He was suffering, and ultimately, he went through some very unnecessary discomfort due to my inability to be realistic and hoping that things were going to change. I knew in my heart that they weren't but I made him endure things that were needless because of my faltering to just do the right thing.

My cousin judges cats for a living. She has dogs and cats of her own and she told me that making this decision is the most loving and unselfish thing you can do as a pet owner. It doesn't make it easy to do but it helps to relieve some of the feelings that come along with making the decision.

I'm thinking of you.