Old 06-22-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Newlife17

So here's one: my AH lied to me thAt he had an appointment with our marriage counselor whom he has seen twice now on his own since I discontinued joint meetings with him explaining I did not see a point as long as he continued refusing treatment for the Alcoholism and because nothing has changed in the last 9 months. He knew he was lying. He told
Me before he left for the "appointment" today that he was doing what I wanted which is to go to therapy. I only found out about this lie bc the marriage counselor told me AH just cancelled his appointment which was actually for tomorrow and wanted to know if I wanted to come in his stead.
There was no reason to lie even though I'm sure he will make something up. I see now the reason to lie is bc he wants desperately to continue drinking, he doesn't have any regard for this marriage or me, and is telling me what he thinks will satisfy me because he doesn't want to become homeless and alone which would shatter the perception of him to others. Even though everyone who knows us knows he's got a problem.
He knows he is lying.