Old 06-21-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
gleefan

Fbl - Congrats on 8 years!! Thanks for continuing to inspire us by sharing your experience and encouragement.

Del - Its nice to see you have the faith that you will be ok. I think it's a sign you are settling into your sober skin.

Carlos - Looks like you are having a very productive trip up North.

Courage - How's summer treating you?

SG - You sound like a Type A overachiever, with the checklist you got through on your "day off." I can relate!!

Gilmer -Situstions that used to baffle me have become a lot easier for me.

For me, it's more than sobriety; I spent a lot of years drinking very little but stuck in a web of trouble. For me, it's from working on recovery every single day.

I'm guilty of putting down my phone mid post and my train of thought or the draft of the post..... Don't equate my absence with being too busy to work on recovery. I'm here reading, or looking at a thought of the day, or talking to a friend in recovery. I'm making a gratitude list or seeing what gift that day I can attribute to recovery. Every so often I even remember to try to turn over my will to a power greater than myself t(hat area is still a little nebulous to me).

I promised myself I'd post before I drifted off to sleep with an unsent post. Here goes....