View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Checking in for 24. So, for the past week or so I have been a little stressed. In fact, I had 4 nightmares last week, all driven by anxiety. The reason was that I've been interviewing for a great job which suits me really well. The process has been going on for 3 months and I cleared my final interview with the Chairman a few weeks ago. The final hurdle was having my references checked. Whilst my references are from folks I have good relationships with, I realised they were from a job I was fired from. Not for drinking but it was my drinking that led to it. Hence, the anxiety as the company did not know the reasons I lost that job (they never asked and I didnt tell). It was now beyond my control. Whilst I comforted myself with that fact, I still remained anxious. I also realised that I would probably never get a decent job if my references didnt check out. It finally reached a conclusion in the past 48 hours. Fortunately, my references all checked out and I signed the contract last night. Phew ! I have kept this quiet from everyone except my wife as I didnt want to tempt fate. Now I have to resign today. Gulp, I havent done that for a long while....

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, my SR friends. Without my daily check in and support, I would have lost my marbles. Irrespective of the outcome, I am deeply grateful to you all for giving me a daily reprieve. Also, for giving me perspective. Its only a job !

Congrats to the milestoners ! Especially happy for those breaking through the weeks and transitioning to months ! Thats super brilliant ! We go on and on and on !

Another 24 hours of gratitude, loving kindness and sobriety ! Its 8:32am here !
Just another glimpse into Faith, Hope and Love.

Congrats Kaneda!