Old 06-20-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
WeaverBird
Keep Going

Hey Rainman, glad you're here. Don't drink and post lots and it will pass.
I was where you are on Sunday, just sobbing with frustration, can't drink, can't face life not drinking. But that passed too.
May 6 was my last drink too. We're heading for 7 weeks, and I was the kind of drinker who never saw any reason not to drink, and then drank some more to forget the consequences, so that's a miracle. Another day 1 is not an option for me - next time I drink could be it, game over. I just have to find how to get through those moments when all I can think about is booze. That's not easy because my head automatically goes for the easy fix. Calling sponsor, posting in newcomers has worked so far, and I'm learning all the time.
You've done so much in these early days. I'm not sure I could have made one business trip. All those anonymous hotel rooms. I can remember once starting on the mini bar with no intention to behave badly and a couple? of days later coming round, in another country, with people I didn't have any memory of. It got worse.
So all power to you. Do whatever it takes to protect your 47 days. Let us know how you're doing.