View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Mes,

Dealing with life clean and sober was harder in the beginning. Now it is easier.

I am not giving advice much anymore since I am just a guy trying to keep it together and not drink. I am 25+ months sober. Everyday it feels a little better, a little different.

I was on a steeper decline to my grave while drinking. The decline grade has hopefully got much less now that I am a proudly clean man.

The essence of what I did to stay clean was being a copy cat. You can copy your hubby or folks at AA.

I know that my wife hardly drinks. My son (13) obviously doesn't' drink. I copied them. What do they do all day and night besides drinking.

The hardest part, for me now, is dealing with the mental issues for sure.

For me...thinking about bad stuff is normal (e.g. nobody likes me, I would like to punch my boss). As long as we don't obsess on and on. That is where projects, hobbies, SR, AA etc..come into play.

I believe we must work to clear our heads of negative thoughts and don't be hard on ourselves for negative thoughts. This is a win win situation. I like those.

I pray a lot when I am stressed. It fills my head. The brain basically can only do one analytical thing at a time. I try to stay brain busy. Working out is awesome.

That is all for now.

Thanks.