View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FallenAngelina

Originally Posted by Mpie9 View Post
I felt like a higher power created a path for me, obstacles and all for A REASON.
I call this Life and believe that all of our struggles and conflicts are tailor made for us to benefit from experiencing - not that they are our "fault," but that there is positive in everything. We always have the choice of our perspective and seeing the benefit in everything. Many of us have incredible growing seasons after a difficult time and we come to appreciate aspects of life all the more in the aftermath of a hardship. I've always felt the presence of a higher power and it's taken a few forms over the years. Judaism is part of my tradition, but I don't feel there's a "Jewish God" or even the God that the Bible talks about. The higher power is much bigger than humans can even imagine and tell stories about or even teach about. I appreciate Al-Anon for the similar understanding that a higher power is immense enough and wondrous enough to incorporate the millions of ways that humans can conceive of and explain that presence.

I'm mindful about giving over my struggles to my HP (spiritually based yoga and walking meditation particularly help me) and can't imagine any kind of recovery for myself without this. It's an experience that I've always had and am grateful for, especially now.