View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Religion, Faith, Higher Power Question

One of the concepts from Alanon that I learned was to Let Go and Let God (or your HP). This is something that I have been familiar with from a young age because of being involved in church, and my strong faith. I wont get to deep into my personal beliefs. But another concept that I also learned in church was to change what you can, lean on God for strength, wisdom, guidance in knowing what you can change.. and then accepting what you cant. My religion has also helped my understand my value and self worth because each child of God is special, loved, and worthy. Its also something my parents reinforced as I grew up.

Now to my question. I was wondering how many people have a foundation in their own religion, beliefs. And did you end up with a take away similar to what I described above?

Or do some people see these things as new, and something they have gained through Alanon or other recovery programs.

I was reading a little about Celebrate Recovery today, and thinking about these things, and I was curious what other peoples experiences were.

And also interested to know if anyone here has used a faith based counselor (religious) to work on marriage issues such as infidelity with their partner? Its something my husband and I talked about trying over the weekend but I havent committed to it yet.