View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
sobersolstice

Originally Posted by lunahunt View Post
The attitude of fight is contrary to the solution found in AA. The enemy is not destroyed- it is removed.

Who cares to admit complete defeat- practically no one (AA 12x12 First line Step One).
Step Two, "We had to quit fighting..."
Step Ten We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality—safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition. .

Are you a member of AA? The steps remove the problem.
AA has not worked for me. If I had the money, I would put $40k on a non-12 step rehab right now, and leave today to check myself in. I have $500 in my total bank account and need to feed my parents and save for my mother's funeral. It's time to face reality, and work hard, drink water, and stay healthy. My health is already compromised. I must repair myself so I can love myself and others more. The way I function, I must be hard on myself or I will falter. There will be no weak moments. When the AV appears, I will float the wave until it destroys itself.

Why do I feel like I'm being criticized?