Thread: 167 days sober
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ina123

Irish,
You are not alone! I’m on day 169 and for some reason recently my cravings have come back to the extreme! I, like yourself, thought I was past this!! It’s so frustrating but I keep playing the tape forward and reminding myself of why I don’t want to go back to my drinking ways. How bad it really had gotten and how much better I feel today - both physically and mentally. Personally, I can’t seem to tell myself that I will never drink again in my life. It’s not that I'm planning a relapse…it’s just that thought is too daunting for me and so I go one day at a time. Today I will not drink.

I feel stronger today than the last few days, not sure if it’s because it’s Sunday and the worst of the weekend is though. (Weekends are still tough for me)

Keep posting. It’s really helped me through the rough patches. I also joined the January 2017 Class where people who quit during January post daily/weekly just to check in and see how it’s going. It’s helped me stay accountable and nice to hear from others who are at a similar stage of recovery. I’d suggest swinging by and maybe joining in if you’d like You can find the thread under the Newcomer’s Daily Support Threads.

We’ve made it this far…we can do this! One day at a time