Thread: 167 days sober
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
irish45

167 days sober

hello everyone. this is the first time I have posted on this website. I am 167 days sober today and feel pretty good. I haven't been to any AA meetings or anything like that. I have done those in the past though but they were court ordered. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for sharing there stories and wisdom. I have been on here every night before I go to bed and I feel like this has been a huge help.
I finaly realized after over 25 years of drinking that I have a problem. lol. I am posting this from my phone so I'm not going to go into my life story or anything. I did have a question for anybody that might have had the same issues im feeling at this time. after 167 days in I feel like these cravings are starting up all over again and it's pissing me off! I thought the first 3 months was supposed to be the tough spot. I've had cravings off and on. fought through some social situations that I would have avoided in the past if I was taking a cheap jab at a half ass attempt at getting sober. I've wanted to drink as soon as I get off work to unwind, while watching sports,going out to eat, grilling out, relaxing at night while watching tv. I have gotten through all that and all those triggers that used to break me down. I feel stronger now mentally getting through all that and I feel I've came a long way. now all the sudden it feels like I'm starting all over again!