View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kalex

Thanks, ThatWasTheOldMe. I posted this in the wrong place, but as I said above, it might be a happy mistake. My husband's alcoholism was incredibly severe and hopefully serves as an example of how out of control it can become unchecked. I wish you well on your journey and pray you find solace and a new way to live.

My husband is an incredibly decent person. The best. But that hasn't stopped him from upending our lives over and over again due to his rampant alcoholism. I know he would never intentionally harm us. But harm us he does, over and over again.

It is hard to leave someone you care about and is, at heart, a great person. I loved this man with the heat of a thousand suns at one point. But, as I told someone today, every time I get half of the pieces reset on the chessboard, he stumbles along and upends the board again. He doesn't mean to...it's just what happens when you live with an out-of-control drunk.

It means everyone around him must live with chaos they cannot control. It is crazy-making. I appreciate your kind words. Please take them to heart so you can live your best life.