Old 06-16-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Happy Friday all.

I'm thankful to be in the latter part of my 3rd year of sweet freedom and think my progress has been fairly typical. The first year was all about getting through the 'first year'. A nice accomplishment indeed. The second year brought on a season of muted emotions and I approached apathy. After all the effort I guess I had expected some movie style happy ending to fall into place. So the realization came that sobriety on its own was just the beginning....it offered the opportunity.

In my own life this opportunity corresponds with my kids getting older and my career maturing to the point that I, for the first time in years, can be more active in discovering who sober Mark is and what brings quality to my life. A solo hiking trip to New Zealand was the reward for the second year of sobriety and more travels have followed. More adventure are planned. It brings me joy. Finally , I see that some type of volunteer work may be a good idea . For the longest I was so empty I didn't think I'd anything to give. Ever so slowly my thoughts are changing. Progress I guess. For now though it's gym time!......also key to my sober foundation.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Thanks for this awesome post Mark! I think I am exactly where you were at two years. It's time for me to explore new opportunities afforded by sobriety.

Congrats Gilmer! The months keep whizzing by.

Enjoy the day all!