View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
DavidLA

I'm no doctor, but, alcohol withdrawal, even a reduction in what your brain/body is used to causes anxiety. You may or may not even feel anxious, but it's there(from my experience). Anxiety can commonly cause muscle twitch, vibrations, pins and needles, pin ***** sensations, prickly feelings in skin, etc. Anxiety may remain for quite a while after you quit or reduce for extended periods.. B Vitamins, E, Folate, Thiamine(B1), ALA, Magnesium, are all good supplements while coping with alcohol abstinence or reduction. I'd go high on the B12, not so high on the B6

People predisposed to anxiety anyway, and also drink, then quit or cut drastically back will likely see a more severe spike in their anxiety levels. Time, abstinence, proper nutrition, rest along with exercise and hydration should offer improvements.

I have found that long term drinkers generally live in an anxious state and just become accustomed to it. When your brain gets used to having a certain amount of alcohol and then is deprived of that amount, it fires off signals to increase the juice. These signals can cause a wide variety of sensations.

Just my 2 cents from research and experience.

If you find you do have anxiety a good supplement(s) to take are L Theanine, and/or Taurine. Both offer a calming effect and have been effective in a lot of people, and are very safe. Do your own research on them to see if they are appropriate. Taurine is now being considered to possibly be an essential amino acid. Almost half your heart muscle is made up of Taurine.