View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, Frost. I didn't accept that I needed to quit for good until I got my 3rd DUI. The first was a slap on the wrist. The second one also was, because it had been so long of a period of time between the two. The third - well, that was a different story. No one got hurt in any of mine. I hope you can avoid the pain of another DUI, by getting and staying sober. I was able to reduce my jail time a WHOLE LOT on my last DUI by going to treatment, and attending a lot of AA meetings leading up to my court date. If this is your first DUI, you probably won't be ordered to do what I did. And perhaps you don't need treatment. Your lawyer can give you advice on what steps you can take to minimize the consequences of this. Most likely, you will not be able to get out of it completely. But there may be things you can do in order to mitigate things somewhat. BUT - please take this seriously. Don't go down the road I went down - and many others here. This is a big wake-up call for you. Don't hit the snooze alarm. Get up, face it, and do what it takes to make sure it never happens again.