Thread: Two to Tango
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

Originally Posted by Smarie78 View Post
Thanks small - okay now this got me thinking whether are you typically fearless with other things?? Skydiving sounds pretty scary to me! I ask because you made me ponder my own fears. In many ways I have been called fearless by others, but the one place I have the greatest fear and cowardice is toward other people. Not neccesarily actions (well, maybe except sky diving! ugh...and flying lol so ok maybe I am cowardice all around!)
I don't think you are a coward. I think you have fears just like any other human being. Being courageous means doing those things that make you uncomfortable but knowing they need to be done so you do it anyways.

Honestly, I've always been a bit of a thrill seeker...I love a good adventure, exploring some place I've never been, roller coasters, parasailing, that kind of stuff...(even when it's scary I enjoy conquering that fear) I've never been afraid to fly( probably a million air miles beneath my wings, not even kidding) and I love to be on a boat or swimming in the ocean. Camping in a remote area with just another female friend along for company, no problem!

BUT

I am an introvert. I'd rather be at home with my book then out being social. Peopley situations can cause me serious anxiety. I don't mind crowds so much, as long as I'm not expected to interact with people I don't know. I mean I CAN.. and I DO.. but it's uncomfortable for a while until I get used to the specific situation. I have to force myself sometimes. At least now I can give myself the "you survived all that crap with AXH, you can do this!" talk. As a matter of fact, I have been telling myself that today, because I have a 'thing' I have to do tomorrow that I am dreading, but seriously, it will be a cakewalk compared to the hell I went thru with my ex.