View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Originally Posted by rosesarered34 View Post
What outcome are you hoping for? I understand he has been to rehab numerous times.
The best outcome would be to find him not guilty so he can return to his job and Celebrate Recovery at our church that he has dabbled in. AA never worked for him and I estimate he has been to more than 50 meetings over the years. I feel if my daughter wants to play "grown up" I give her that chance. 18 is legal for a lot of things. The constant fighting between my husband and her have taken their toll on me. Many here seem to relish in having my husband go to prison. I just don't understand that and is not a given. The State has the burden of proof and it will be kind of hard when he denied all sobriety tests and the machine at the station. Denial of the alcohol machine results in a mandatory license suspension. Which I find a bit redundant as he is never going to have a license anyways the rest of his life. Financially his incarceration would ruin our family regarding finances.
Roses,

Addiction is a serious illness, and Im sorry that it has your husband in its grasp. I agree with you that he needs treatment. There are many options for people these days. My husband didnt like AA either and wouldnt even stay in the rehab due to the philosophy. He found help in therapy instead. What I was taught is that recovery is often a process of change, not one big bomb dropped on someone. So I hope your husband will find recovery even though its been lost to him so far. I am not going to comment on his legal issues. Everyone deserves to have representation through the courts is all I will say.

I am worried about you and your kids financially. Do you have any Plan B in case your family does lose his income? You might speak with a professional to see if there are any precautions you can take now that would might preserve your home, or other assets. Just a thought