View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Fusion

In AVRT it's viewed as neither a disease, nor an affliction. It's just an habituated drive for alcohol. It's viewed as permanent, only at the time one makes a Big Plan and begins to practice AVRT. There are reasons for this, to include negating the thought that the presence of the AV is a cause for fear or panic, thereby something to be afraid of or a cause to drink. Also to debunk other programs theory that the AV must be removed.....or else you'll drink! The AV is just an habituated, automatic thought, little more than an alarm clock going off on a day when you're not at work, because you forgot to cancel it.

In AVRT the AV has no power - so even if it piped up every hour, it would be irrelevant and just an inconsequential, fleeting thought. As it happens, neuroplasicity ensures that almost no AV arises after 90 days or so. But back to default, even if the AV arose every 90 seconds, it would be irrelevant, just an inconsequential, fleeting thought, because it's powerless.

In Newcomers, folks are terrified of their AVs. In AVRT, that terror is negated, by teaching that even if it's permanent, it holds no power over the person and may be swiftly dismissed. No need to address HALTBS., to tackle the AV. When my Big Plan was made, and AVRT practised, the AV was rendered completely powerless.

A couple of weeks ago, my young niece was at the Manchester, Arianna Grande concert where the terrorist bombing took place. She lost her phone and I spent hours searching for her with my sister, thankfully she was safe. I haven't heard a whimper from my AV for a few months, but that night it started screaming. People were offering alcohol everywhere, when we all arrived home safely, I was offered it again...and my AV was excited. But it mattered not, because AVRT taught me that the AV might always pop up in the future ! I am not afraid of it, because it is powerless and I'm powerful.