View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jellybean80

Thanks all, I appreciate the responses. I'm enjoying life and I love sobriety so far (I can't believe those words came out of my mouth). I guess it's true with finding things to do in the day, I do love my tea btw. I remember when I was in the throws of my addictions and a sweet neighbor who has seen me many of times passed out says "try to swap wine for tea" and I looked at her like she was asking me to sell my first born child. Now that I've passed the physical hurdle of detox and the days are longer (not a bad thing) and I love some good ol tea. I think it feels like it's dragging by because I have changed my life in a dramatic way in the last 30. I never in my life thought I could do it. It took my career being threatened to get me off the sauce but it's been wonderful. I agree life is not a race, I used to race the day away to meet my beloved alcohol. 5 o'clock couldn't come sooner, nothing else mattered. Now I'm leaning what life is about. Just was curious if this is normal. It sounds like once sobriety becomes my norm, this passes.