Old 06-07-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Karen22 View Post

I understand that we have the power within us - just us alone - but wouldn't it give added strength to include it. For example, my Big Plan is "I will never drink again". What if I amend it to something like "With God's strength, I will never drink again".
The loving God I can imagine would not feel better about me for deciding to believe my ability to refuse alcohol/drugs was enhanced by putting his/her influences upon me into my plan of permanent abstinence.

Originally Posted by Karen22
I've read through the posts that it's possible to make a big plan and not keep it.)
Actually, I believe this is not true. Think about it, how can you lie to yourself. Try telling yourself a lie right now. See, it just doesn't work. A Big Plan can be made only once.

You know what "drinking" is. You know what "never" means. It's amazingly IN-OUR-FACES obvious when alcohol gets by our mouths. Nevertheless, millions of people have lied about never drinking again. But they didn't really mean it, until that last time. It might have been on a death bed, which would have been pretty meaningless.

But making a Big Plan pledge of permanent abstinence has also been done by millions of people throughout history. It's just impossible to prove that you've REALLY done it, which is OK. No more evidence of Beastly behavior can pile up to regaining trust from others, and a better life. I did it years ago, but I don't expect people to believe me. I just know it myself.

You might be interested in Tammy711's posts and blog from the past.