View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
August252015

"Everything is better sober."

My soon to be fiance says I said this to him on our first date last summer. He recalls that he "didn't quite believe me, but wanted to know more." He completely agrees with that sentiment now- and started doing so maybe 90 days in....

For me, I was so sick and my life was completely out of control when I quit that I could only start by just getting well. Thoughts of "fun" and not having it just weren't relevant because I had to be DONE drinking (have you decided that, yet? done for good?) and just find out what would be on the other side.

I can tell you that the REAL life I have now is infinitely better and more fulfilling, and certainly plenty fun-filled - I wouldn't be getting engaged or have found our first home as a family of three with a step daughter I love, or leading a restaurant-industry recovery group, or running and doing yoga regularly or....just being sober to do whatever the mood strikes in addition to the things I need to do as a healthy adult functioning in society.....

I hope you choose sobriety- you and your family and just everything will be so much better for it.