Old 06-05-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hi Karen, I'm so glad you've read these threads. Terminally Unique is a lovely soul, I only joined last year, so never 'spoke' to him. But his legacy lives on.

I stopped drinking, forever, by learning and applying AVRT. I was a lapsed Catholic, plus AA didn't work for me, despite trying so hard and working the Steps twice. Since stopping drinking, quite literally, forever, via AVRT, I've a renewed faith in God and spiritualism.

But, AVRT works on the premise that God gave us the power, free-will, to decide whether to drink, or not. Practising AVRT does not require God's help, because we've already been provided with it, from birth. Our higher brains can override the lower base brain (pleasure seeking, stress-relieving....alcohol seeking) by saying NO to the lower brain's pursuit for instant gratification.

But it's fantastic if God is on, your side, but God will be pleased you're using your God given free-will, or as I call it, free-won't. Not sure I've made much sense, but truly glad to see you posting here, Karen. AVRT probably saved my life, that's why I read these threads every day, hoping to pay it forward.