Old 06-02-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ardy

oh Dear Heart Rosalba... my heart weeps for you and so many like us.. I know just what you are feeling... was with my Mom over Memorial Day.. Friday to Monday.. we hit 3 grave sites and took her to dinner lunch and breakfast .. so she would not have to cook so much.. at 87 and she is 4 feet nothing tall... it is getting harder for her.. but she made Friday lunch Sunday morning breakfast and I did video's of Mom stiring and cooking and talking to me .. put it up on face book.. the only time I have gotten great feed back from my sisters.. and nieces.....
we come from a time of just after the World War.. and so much was changing.. for them and for the babies of the 1947-1960's...... its hard kiddo so very very hard.. sorry tearing up. to see my typing.. I call when we get back to Milwaukee every time.. This time she kept thanking me.. I don't need to be thanked because I love my Mom... she did so much for us as kids and to help me out in the 1980's.......
This business about getting older sucks big time....

you just help by calling her and letting her talk.. you listen... I do and she often says Ardith Ann..... who are these other people that have to direct my life.. Mom.. they think they are helping...

Ardith Ann was her best friend in high school and my Pops best first cousin.. when she died of a illness in 1948 they married in 1949 and this Ardith Ann came about in 1950...... they were 20 ... when I was 5 they were 25... kids yet in such a changing world.. loved to watch my Daddy dance my Mom around the living room.. I am 67 Mom is 87 and Pop has been gone for 11 years... I know my Pop loved my Mom very much because of the look in his eyes.. and when we were at the grave site I know she still loves him so much.. yep.. I am the Oldest and will do everything I can every day.. to keep that look forever.. Love Dear Heart to you.. try to find a time in your mind of a Dad that was before all the pain ... and hang on to that.. love Ardy...