Old 06-02-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
herculana
Gratitude Gardener

Negativity to an alcoholic is as destructive as the alcohol itself.

TWO WEEKS SOBER TODAY!

Just thought I would share an excerpt here that is deeply resonating with me on Day 14.

The below excerpt is from a program I am working called Women For Sobriety:

"We are exactly what we think we are. Our biggest battle is to feel capable. At all times we must recognize that the basic reason we drank was that we didn't face up to situations in life, or we didn't care about facing up to situations in our lives. We abdicated, we eluded, we tried to escape. And at the basis of this entire structure were our feelings of inferiority and inability, our feelings of not being capable translated into feelings of 'I don't give a damn.'"

"NOW is the time to grab a hold of your life, and this can be made possible by grabbing hold of your thoughts. TAKE CHARGE, and know that this is THE WAY to overcoming alcoholism and all the personal problems that have been haunting you. We cannot produce a positive person out of negative thoughts. We learned earlier that negative thoughts destroy only ourselves - and the negative thoughts we have about ourselves DESTROY ONLY OUR WHOLE LIVES.
Negativity to an alcoholic is as destructive as the alcohol itself."