View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SoberBender

Hello D122Y,
in 2014 I managed 8 months sober and started smoking MJ with the idea that it was the lesser of two evils. That quickly escalated to full blown addiction (7grams + a week) for me also, and I found myself right back to drinking again eventually. I would stop drinking after every bad hangover and black out sessions with the promise to never drink again. As soon as I felt better, it was right back to square one. I stopped smoking MJ for good in November of last year. In doing so my intake of alcohol increased from a pint a day to about 750 ml every two/three days. And that’s not even counting the 24oz Coors cans (4 a day). My health quickly deteriorated. When I did manage to not have any alcohol in me, I would shake like a leaf to the point where I could barely hold a pen to write my name. My anxiety level was sky high. I would go out of my way to avoid people because I frankly couldn’t hold a conversation. I nearly passed out on a few occasions while walking to and from work. I had to stop and take a cab else I wouldn’t have made it home. I was badly dehydrated that my skin became dry and started flaking. I was in terrible shape. Felt like death was knocking at my front door. If I didn’t stop when I did, I’m certain that things would have gotten a lot worse.