Old 05-30-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

You can join whenever you like as as many threads as you need TidyTemper.
The June thread will start in about 24 hours.

This thread moves to our Sister forum the Daily Support forum so that the new monthly thread of June can take your place here.

I'll leave plenty of redirect links. Nothing else changes

I'm sorry you're both back but it's good you're back fighting this thing blondsober and CAGY

I wrote this to someone else today but it fits here too...
It is tough to make different choices when your life and everyone in it is pretty geared to you being a drinking person.

But a drink for us doesn't mean the same thing as it does for other people.

A drink for most folks is done and finished...for us it's just the start...the beginning of what could be a one two day or even weeks long bender.

We have to remember that ... just as we have to remember it's the first drink thats starts the madness, not the last.

It is hard to accept we're different and always will be...and it's hard to walk to the beat of a different drum...but it's harder still to keep drinking like we do and try and manage a life.

The hardness of recovery is what support is for - and thats why we need to train ourselves to reach out for support when we need it, before we take that first drink.

Don't put off doing something about this...and don't just make declarations...take some action too.

D