View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberSam

16 days sober...symptoms & weight loss?

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and happy to say I have been sober for 16 days now. I have tried quitting in the past but never made it very long. This time I know I'm ready and as a plus I don't even crave it. The first few days made me feel off but it wasn't too bad. I now find myself with lots of energy but I actually get tired at a decent time at night. I was an evening drinker mostly and stayed up late to finish my drinks, eat then go to bed. I would wake up feeling gross and then start it all over again almost daily which continued for a long time. Last night I also had my first drinking dream which didn't bother me too much after I woke up but did leave me feeling off. I woke up almost feeling hungover. Strange! I'm quitting for many reason such as for my kids sake, my marriage, and to help us financially as we now have debt and because I want to be healthy. A huge motivator for me is losing weight as I have put many pounds on throughout the years as a result of drinking, unhealthy eating and lack of energy. In the past 16 days I have lost roughly 8lbs (going from my highest seen weight while drinking before quitting). How much has everyone else lost and in what time frame? And what can I expect from here on out? Looking forward to the replies and being a part of this community.
Happy sober days to all.