View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 01:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberBender

My Healthy Addiction!

Hi!! Long time lurker here. I don’t want to take up too much space on this very helpful and insightful forum. I did however want to express my gratitude to the many beacons of hope and strength on this site. You guys have been my motivation, support system and truly one of my many healthy addictions. I have managed to remain sober since February the 16th of this year. Simply put, I got tired of being tired and decided that alcohol was no longer welcome in my world. What once was my go to for dealing with anxiety and the daily fracas that life brings became the very source of it. I have lost jobs, blacked out and woke up in gutters, got into unnecessary physical altercations and destroyed relationships that meant the world to me. I have felt shame, guilt, depression, pain, hatred, and resentment because of ALCOHOL. The decade+ I invested in this addiction is time that I can regretfully never get back. The road to recovery has been an emotional roller coaster for me to say the least. After 10 years of numbing/suppressing “feelings” with alcohol a wave of emotions just came crashing down on me. Without a doubt, it is with the help of the wonderful folks on this website that I navigated through those turbulent times unscathed. And it indeed gets better with time. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. The words of encouragement to the many first-time posters became encouragement for myself also. PLEASE, never stop doing what you guys do, it is truly indispensable. I feel at home with every visit. For any lurkers like me, stick with this site even if you don’t post just read and absorb the wisdom provided on a regular basis by these fine folks. Thanks Again.
Here’s to sober living and many more Healthy Addictions!