Thread: Day 7
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
daveingldnstate

Day 7

Day seven today. A week ago tonight I blocked out and made an ass of myself. Honestly, I am glad it happened. I had let drinking back into my life and it was only a meter of time until something bad happened. I have tried to stop on my own before but this time I am going to go to AA. I talked to my wife and she is supportive and knows that it is the only way. My dad is 30 years sober and very big in AA. I am going to wait a little to tell him. He stopped at my age (42) and was in a similiar place in his life, which is otherwise pretty good and I have so much to be grateful for. I am going to my first meeting tomorrow. I am a high functioning solo drinker and used to drink a lot of jack. I need to start studying on the 12 steps and be prepared to execute all the way through. I am sure it's unrelated, but I came down with a bad flu like virus (fever, sore throats, etc.) and that has had me home this weekend for the most part. I have young kids so I think I got it from them. Thanks for reading and root for me the way I root for all of you. Life without alcohol really is the best way for me to live.