View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

I am going to have a good cry but continue to do stuff for work. Though I do feel lonely.
Just throwing this out there. Do you think that your home, when it's quiet, triggers that feeling?

I remember visiting a friend once who happened to be performing in a neighborhood where a cheating ex-boyfriend and I hung out.. When I visited this friend, I was now (and still am) married to somebody else. I now had a kid, and yet when I walked down the street I was struck by such a feeling of despair and loneliness it almost choked me. My mind made such a strong association with that neighborhood and the loneliness I once had that it stirred those feelings up even though there was no reason for that loneliness to be there in the first place.

I'm not saying that your feelings aren't justified. You're still very much in mourning for what could have been with him and you have every right to nurture your heartbreak. What I am saying is to give credit where credit is due: if the loneliness is partly caused by a triggering environment don't give all the credit to your ex.