View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SparkleKitty

Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
So you would you agree that it would be harmful to let her come back after rehab providing it went okay? Would it be too self-righteous after rehab if I asked her to give the doctors permission to aks how she did and if they have an recommendations or path for those coming out to stay strong.
I would say that what would be most helpful is not spending any time thinking of all the possible post-rehab scenarios. Neither of one of you knows what the future will hold.

But if you want my opinion, in a BEST CASE scenario, she would go to rehab, admit her problem, and commit herself 100% to recovery. And then hopefully she will do whatever it takes to maintain recovery for the rest of her life. And very likely, doing so would include learning to live life on life's terms, and learning to take care of herself. And no one has any idea if part of that would be living with you, or not living with you or anything, because she might well be a completely different person sober and in recovery than you know.

What I'm saying is, you're both about a thousand steps from worrying about what happens then. Try to stay in today. More will be revealed.