View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
herculana
Gratitude Gardener

Welcome...<3

I feel your pain. Youre so not alone in this.

JUST DONT DRINK TODAY.

I am on day 8.

Here is what I have done:

I pledge, every new morning, to remain sober, for just 24 hours.

Its very literally... ONE DAY AT A TIME (and sometimes, it can be just one HOUR at a time)

I basically stay completely glued to this site, and a more intimate sobriety site... ALL DAY LONG. Both sites are serving me very well. You might, however, need or want more, to which I would say that maybe you should start AA meetings. Personal choice. They can be very helpful. For some, those meetings are THE KEY.

I became a big loud SQUEAKY WHEEL on both my sobriety sites.

SQUEAK as often as you need to.

Post as often as I need you. And on a few nights the CHAT here (open 24 hours) was my total lifeline. I needed one on one conversation to ease anxieties the first few nights, so I used the chat and just waited til someone appeared there to talk with.

I've read other's posts every day... reading others struggles and wins is really important for me.

Thats been my plan thus far... and my plan has been very simple at first, so as not to overwhelm myself or needlessly trigger my shaky self trust issues about follow-through (plans, for me, are actually a trigger to drink!).

Stick around here and soak up the support and love, friend.

You will get great support, feedback and suggestions to deal with every little piece of what you are going through.