View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Westexy

Divorcing a Drunk is Hard - Just a Vent

I imagine that getting a divorce in the best of circumstances is still challenging, but geez, trying to work through legal matters with a drunk is soooo time consuming and expensive. We are working on a mutually agreed upon inventory and here is an example of just one of the items with which my STBXAH has taken issue: the value of my more than five year old vehicle. He wants to value my car for $6k more than I listed on the inventory. First we had three weeks of insulting round about texts and emails with no specific proposal for what the value should be. My attorney finally had enough and sent him a stern email. So today I receive an email from STBXAH proposing a value based on his "discussions and meetings with professionals". Uh-huh. So I asked him to send me documentation or have the "professionals" send me some information. He proceeds to fill out online eforms for three different car dealers, giving them my phone number and work email address. I receive three auto replies giving me their offers for a 2010 vehicle that agree to STBXAH's proposed value. The only thing is my car is a 2008! And now I'm getting phone calls and texts from all of these car salesmen. Because alcohol.

In the big scheme of things, it's not a big deal. It's just exhausting. But then I remind myself that it's more exhausting to spend a holiday weekend with a drunk spouse. My heart goes to those of you dealing with that this weekend.