View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Indeed, I did this too.

I too had the rule of thumb of no more than two if I was driving. If I could limit myself to one per hour I could stay out a bit longer and maybe have one more BUT it was paiiiiiiiiiiinful taking those tiny little sips.

I have a STRONG word of caution for everyone who posted the two drink rule. Especially to those who are bingers and even moreso if you've ever experienced a blackout. You have no idea what you've done to your body and at any given time, the way it reacts to alcohol can change and I am true testimony to this. On Mothers Day of last year I met up with a friend. I had two drinks. Two. To this day when I tell people this story they look at me sideways with the "yeah, sure, right" look, I am not kidding, that's all that I had. I left and when driving home went into a blackout. There was an accident. I woke up in jail. Two drinks.

At any given time, due to the progressiveness of alcoholism, how your body handles alcohol can change and it can happen at any given moment.

I drank only on weekends, and sometimes not even every weekend. Sometimes I even skipped two weekends. But, when I got a hold of alcohol I would drink until completely annihilated. About 80% of the time this would end up in a blackout.

So, it doesn't matter if you're a daily drinker or not. This progresses and how your body reacts is not something you can be sure of or calculate anymore. Remember that the next time you turn the key. When I got in my car I was fine. I had a very slight glow. Evidently I experienced some kind of spike at the most inopportune moment. At a tremendous cost.

I thought I was being safe. I thought that two drinks in two hours was fine. Don't play the game, eventually, you're going to lose. There is no safety for us in any amount of alcohol and operating a vehicle. Ever.