View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kenton

Hi Brenda, I'm not sure about all the definitions but I'm still trying to recover from a past friendship with a narcissist. Not sure if narcissists are the same as psychopaths but I reckon they're in the same ball park. This wasn't a romantic relationship, just a friendship and to begin with the narcissist was charming, funny and apparently drenched in empathy. It was all an act. I realised that I needed to cut the toxicity out of my life and that's when I saw the true narcissistic colours. I've had lies spoken and written about me which has cost me lots of other friends and been bullied on social media. I'm weathering the storm because I know I can't have this person in my life and eventually they'll move on to cause mayhem in someone else's life. From my experience, my advice would be RUN!! Even if you physically need to see this person, start to emotionally detach. Your psychopath has been honest, respect that's who they are and start taking steps to keep yourself safe. There's plenty of non psychopaths in the world. Start hanging out with them