Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mapper

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
What kinds of things do you like to do without your alcoholic husband? Is there anything that brings you happiness? Dreams? Bucket list, large or small?

Staring at a porta-potty for fifteen minutes to see if anyone comes out of it because your alcoholic husband swears he saw someone go in doesn't strike me as a great way to spend your time. What would you rather be doing?
I used to work out and get out and do things before I moved out here to be with him 8 years ago now. I was on a volleyball league with my friends, went for a lot of walks and bike rides, kept my house spotless. Now I don't play volleyball, I don't have a bike anymore so no bike rides. I go for walks, but usually when he's not around because then I get some kind of sarcastic "Oh that sounds thrilling" or "Wow you must be bored". I am always cleaning the house now because of 4 cats and him and it's never really "clean". I've gained about 25 lbs since I've been out here because I just never do anything. I just started volunteering at an animal sanctuary last weekend and will probably go every other weekend because it's kind of a haul to get there, but even already he's being smarmy with me saying "If you aren't cleaning then you are watching tv or volunteering". Like volunteering is a bad thing now when he was all on board a few weeks ago. Well I go out and do anything on my own I get the sarcastic "Oh fine go out and just leave me here doing my own thing. No go have fun and don't think about me". But when I do ask him to do something he goes "Oh that sounds like a lot of work. I just want to sit here and play my video game and take a nap."

It's like I'm almost afraid to do anything because he's going to knock it or ask why he can't come. He keeps saying I need to get a hobby but he makes fun of everything I do, what I read, what I watch, the music I listen to. I should read sci-fi like him instead of mysteries, listen to punk rock like him instead of country and pop, watch sci fi and action movies like him instead of dramas and indies.