Old 05-25-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mapper

Husband made such an embarrassment of himself last night!

I haven't posted here for over 4 years. My husband did go to in-house rehab back in April of 2015 for 2 weeks. Mostly because he was so unhappy with his job and he was drinking a lot. He came out of rehab feeling good about himself and not drinking for about a month. Saying that we'd start hanging out with the AA people at these sober picnics and be around others who don't drink. Well that never happened. Then he would have a beer or two on the weekend and say "It's just a beer. I'm fine". Within a few months he was right back to where he was before-drinking every day, but he thought it was okay because he had quit his job and found another one he liked so he was happier.

Well he can still go through a bottle of whiskey in 3-4 days, a 6 pack of beer lasts him 2-3 days. Last night was a night where I haven't seen him that bad until right before he went into rehab. He was a total embarrassment last night. He worked Sunday so now their policy is, because it's been pretty slow, that if you work Sunday then you can take a day off during the week. Well he took yesterday off. I get home at 5PM and I can tell he's already well on his way to being drunk. Slurring his words a bit, being really loud. He even told me "Just to warn you, I've had a bit to drink. I didn't start until about 3PM though." So in 2 hours you are already sounding like this?? Well about 7PM I was out on the porch looking across the street where they are building new houses. H comes out and then shortly thereafter taps me on the should and says "Look". He was pointing across the street and I couldn't see anything. Well there's a port-a-potty across the street for the workers to use while they are building the houses. He says "Someone just went in there. They had on a striped shirt and blond hair". I tell him that I didn't see anyone (I was kind of behind a post and had to move over when he was pointing) but still never heard a door open or close. Here's where it gets super embarrassing. He has his robe, sweats and slippers on and goes running across the street and stands in front of the port-a-potty. I wanted to crawl in a hole and was hoping the neighbors didn't see any of this. A car drove by and he waved at it. He stood there for a couple of minutes and I finally went inside. About a minute later (because I wasn't there to witness any of it) he comes stomping into the house and goes "Where did you go. I was going to knock on the door and ask them if they were done yet, but you weren't there to see it." What are you, 16?? He is going to turn 50 next year. I then go back and sit on the porch and watch the port-a-potty for almost 15 minutes and I say to him "Nobody has come out of there. I don't think there's anyone in there". He goes "I'm not that drunk that I'm seeing people who aren't there. I could hear them rattling around in there." He runs back over and opens the door and there's nobody there. Well obviously you are that drunk because nobody is there! Then he's making tacos and he asks what I want with it and I say beans and rice. He gets out the beans and rice and starts cooking them, goes back to his computer to sit and play and I come in the room and he goes "What do you want with the tacos"? Ummm...beans and rice, like the ones you just got out and started cooking 5 minutes ago". He goes "Oh yeah that's right". You can't tell me he wasn't super drunk to say that. I couldn't wait for the night to end.