Old 05-24-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday.

Someone once told me, "Constantly kill your expectations."

I had to keep doing that yesterday and I found myself stomping on rising hysteria.

My intent was to knock out a few hours of homework.

I woke up later than expected and to rush to shower and go to back-to-back appointments, the second of which took two hours.

Then I realized I had to run yet another errand, and really had to fight panic.

I stopped at home and forced myself to calm down. I dealt with the fact that I w wasn't going to get any homework done that day after all. So I paid a couple of bills, then dropped them off at the Post Office.

I was then stopped at a red light when I heard and felt that unmistakable smash: a lady had crashed int the back of me at a fairly high speed.

We got out and did the standard stuff. The cop was very helpful. No matter how often crashes happen, You're never really used to it--I was still pretty shaken. Fortunately, neither of us was hurt--and for once I can say that it was absolutely not my fault.

On the surface it seems that my back bumper got just a scuff--but I'll take it to an auto body place just to make sure (her hood, on the other hand, was folded up like an accordion).

So that was another hour and a half derailment--but I went ahead and completed the errand anyway.

Then I got home and had to face my grandson's third birthday party