Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tertor

A sincere question about NA beer (and wine)

Ok, I really don't want to start a debate on NA beer but I have a very sincere question. I will tell you that since being sober I have tried Bud's Probibition beer and I don't think it tastes like a**. I think it tastes just like beer. It also has zero percent alcohol...not .05 % but zero percent. It does not seem to trigger me, although perhaps that is because I was a wine drinker. I have just found it a nice go-to drink in restaurants when socializing.

So here is my question: I honestly don't understand the difference between drinking this and finding some other special fun drink to consume when socializing. I have read other threads where people have discussed finding a special drink, such as ginger beer or cranberry, lime and soda, to drink when they go out in a social situation. I am not in any way criticizing those drinks or people' s choices. I am just sincerely asking: Why is drinking NA beer or wine considered a potential trigger when drinking another sparkly, fizzy or sugery beverage is not? Aren't these other drinks just like virgin cocktails? Well. I guess I can understand the wine since it does have a bit of alcohol in it, but the beer has none.

Also, if NA beer and wine is a trigger, is drinking a virgin Piņa Colada or - Virgin Bloody Mary also a trigger?

I ask, not to invite sarcastic comments, or heated discussions, but because I really do like the taste of these drinks and I don't understand the harm if there is no alcohol in them. I appreciate someone taking the time to explain the difference to me.
Thank you.