Old 05-23-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

I swear I'm going to pinch little Ginger's beak off! She is such a little snit! Jethro is also having way too much laughter over her actions. Here I come! Walking into the living room while she's on his shoulder. She'll let me get just within reach of her and then she'll jump up and run off from me. Jethro keeps asking thru his laughter: "What did you DO to her to make her run from you?" I say: "Nothing! But I'm gonna!" Ugh!

As of yesterday evening? She now follows Jethro to his bedroom, waits on the floor for him to get into bed and then flies up on him and walks down to her little snuggle area beside his chest and settles in for the night! I told him after kissing him goodnight: "It's a good thing you don't work anymore?" He asked, why? I said: "Because you'd never get any sleep!" He said: "Oh I thought you were going to say I'd have to take cages to work with me?" I laughed! Then he said: "Can't you see me getting out of my truck? Getting a red wagon out and loading it with cages full of chickens? Then pulling it inside!" I said: "Now that would be a sight to see!" LOL

Molly discovered this evening she loves sugar cookies with icing. I'm still eating the ones I bought back before Easter. I gave her a little bit of one and after nibbling at it she dove in. She's adding to her basket ball sized body!

Molly and Tasha attacked each other this afternoon. They both were pulled a part with feathers in their mouths. I call that "Evidence"! One of the bigger babies also had evidence in it's beak from nailing little Danny! Feathers be flying around here! Jethro is ready to send the two bigger babies to my sister. I keep telling him: "Not yet!"

Several days ago I stayed up all day and worked on getting a little Oak tree cleared out from two smaller trees, loads of limbs and vines every where! The poor thing was smothered and strangled underneath all of that. The top of the tree trunk looks moldy. I'm hoping now that it can get some sun it will improve and keep growing.

Here's the little Oak Tree! The only room it had to grow and to see sun was towards the large tree. That white bird house is full of beautiful blue birds each summer!

I was climbing all over that slick metal roofing in order to reach the limbs and vines I was clearing out. Like sliding on ice half the time. And there were thousands of ants in between the sheets of roofing. So I'd spray them with poison and then climb back up on top of it which was even slicker now. Jethro was waiting for me to crash and burn. I told him I was fine!

Here's a stack of some limbs I cut down. As well as those damned vines.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD